We Bauer girls talk often of our baking memories.
We spent many hours sitting on the kitchen counter with our fingers in dough and frosting, eating brown sugar out of little bowls.
It's easy to exclude my kids because it takes too long or is too messy but I want these wonderful memories for them too.
As my sister said today, "My cookies are as original as the fingerprints in them!"


If you're looking for some Christmas goodie ideas check out
http://kitchenistheheart.blogspot.com/ for our Christmas Goodie post. It has some of our yearly favorites and some new recipes we tried this year. In the side bar you can find our favorite Sugar Cookies and Frosting recipe. I make it just for the dough, that's one love I know I've passed on to my kiddos!
5 comments:
This makes me smile. Such great memories.
...the crazy hair makes me smile a little too. Like my sweet mullet in the second one. Also- we're frosting Christmas cookies with pink frosting... I'm guessing that red was the only food coloring Mom had left and not enough of it to make red? ...she was always good at making due with what we had. And it doesn't look like we cared at all! :)
This is the reason I can't give Jaedyn bangs. I'm scarred.
some of my favorite christmas memories involve baking with my mom... just the smell of cookies baking gives me that cozy holiday feeling.
love the pictures!
Love the old pictures! It's fun to see things like that. Great memories! =)
Love the pictures!
Post a Comment